Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Art of Ratatouille


Copyright 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc. / Pixar
Chronicle Books LLC. All Rights Reserved

So on returning from my wonderful California adventure, I was greeted by this gem. I have been eagerly anticipating cracking the spine upon learning that my parents got it for me for Christmas...yea mom!.....but was unable to see it until I came home because of faulty postmen (dang you postmen...). Anyways, it is as fabulous as I dreamed and just reassures me of my love for anything Pixar. I really love how they kind of branched away from the ultra clean plastic characters, and got a little more rough around the edges which, I think, gave Ratatouille the charm that it has.

Some of my favorite bits are this character sketch of Remy's mother (which was cut)

Copyright 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc. / Pixar
Chronicle Books LLC. All Rights Reserved

Also this spread of Gusteu as a mythical greek god that was on the walls of the restaurant. It is something that adds so much but that would not be noticed in the film.

Copyright 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc. / Pixar
Chronicle Books LLC. All Rights Reserved

No comments: